Monday, September 10, 2007

Funday

Mondays are a period of adjustment. Was it only mere hours ago that I was laughing too loudly about someone’s really big sandwich? Now it’s get back-to-business time, blaring alarms, that project I put off from Friday, fronting as though I’m presentable and all the rest.

In my not-so-secret life, I find I do much more jumping, singing, dorking out. Though that’s not really encouraged during the daily grind. Today, I wish it were.

When I’m a boss—and my mother swears it will happen some day, and it better damnit, cause she didn’t pay all that money for such a fancy-pants education just for me to blow it by being an assistant my entire life, now did she?—I think I’ll make the office celebrate on Monday mornings. Recess first, the budget to follow. Everyone will get a frosted cupcake and I will make my plucky, diamond-in-the-rough assistant (I imagine her name is Sarah, she’s eager to please and has a ponytail) replay the same mix tape (because in my future, mix tapes are back) each week:

Snow “Informer”
Wreckx-n-Effect “Rumpshaker”
Boyz II Men “Motown Philly”
Bell Biv Devoe “Poison”
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince “Summertime”
Positive K "I Got a Man"*
Young MC “Bust a Move”
TLC “Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg”
Digital Underground “The Humpty Dance”
Pharcyde “Passin’ Me By”
Warren G “Regulate”
Arrested Development “Mr. Wendal”*


And if it’s really lulling, I’ll make the big finish with 2 Live Crew “Hoochie Mama”

Any more suggestions for my in-progress Funday mix?


**These are my most favorite karaoke songs ever...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like my ex girlfriend is going to be your assistant. If you want, I can give your her email address.

Anonymous said...

Are you the funnest person ever?

I think you are.

C-47 said...

i can do a dead on snow informer. i imagine some time when the future of the planet will rest on the ability to karaoke this song, and i will step forward to save man-kind. otherwise its just taking up valuable hard drive space in my brain.

a licky boom boom down.

Anonymous said...

Let me Ride (Dr. Dre)

Insane in the Membrane (Cypress Hill)

It's work-related, right?

--Taupey

Ani Smith said...

Err, you forgot Jump Around by House of Pain. ;)

[Girl, you crazy.]

Unknown said...

Come on man, what about "Iesha" by Another Bad Creation? Can't have the complete "Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD" lineup without the ABC! And, though it came much later, I vote for "This Is How We Do It" by Montel Jordan.

C-47 said...

bump and grind - r. kelly
humpty dance - digital underground
rebirth of slick (cool like dat) - digable planets
ring the alarm - fu shnickens
my prerogative - bobby brown

(you're all picturing the bobby brown hip thrust dance right now i knows it)

C-47 said...

i would play humpty twice for those who are all she already said that one.

i like my oatmeal lumpy

Anonymous said...

all the rappers in the top ten, please allow me to bump thee