Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Anybody been to Austin?

Bake ooey, gooey brownie bites that are so soft and rich they are practically fudge, check.

Rewrite short story to appeal to liberal white guilt more in the hopes that it will get published, check.

Forget to do laundry, check.

Watch the Monorail episode of the Simpsons, check.

Forget to write a chapter of the children's book, remember that I made the brownies for them, feel better, check.

Start to incorporate running into work-out routine. Gain four pounds but lose three percentage points of body fat and call it a wash. Eye brownies, check.

Celebrate Mother's Day late and give her a shout-out on my blog for being so fantastic and supportive (you too Dad!), check.

Make itinerary for anything to do in Austin as I am going there tomorrow. Whoops.

Anybody been to Austin? Is there anything I must do, must not do? Any bar I must dance on, drink I must chug, shop I must buy shoes in, park I must lie down in?

Anything would be so helpful...hooray!

3 comments:

C-47 said...

Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
Bona fide,
Electrified,
Six-car
Monorail!
What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty+Selma: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail!
[crowd chants `Monorail' softly and rhythmically]
Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud...
Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.
Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs.
Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.
Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's Springfield's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
All: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
All: Monorail!
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
All: Monorail!
Monorail!
Monorail!
[big finish]
Monorail!
Homer: Mono... D'oh!

Lindsay said...

That is my absolute all-time favorite episode of the Simpsons. Written by Conan O'Brien!

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

Maeko said...

Hi, H,

I've never been to Austin, but I hear it's the only place worth visiting in TX besides South Padre Island... The only liberal enclave of coolness in the big-ass redness that is the Lonestar state.

Have fun! I've never been there. I do hear Austin is pretty darn cool.