Friday, November 07, 2008

Quote of the Day

In honor of the novel, and the edits I am going through, I'd thought I'd share a quote from page 334 (now this doesn't AT ALL mean pages 1-333 are done, I'm going through to see the arc of each chapter, the arc of the novel, if each character that already is, should be, represented in a scene, if each scene serves a theme, if each theme serves ice cream, and other important notes).

The character is Alfred, a 60 year old curmudgeon with foppish tendencies whom the protagonist forms a fatherly relationship with....

-----

She took a step forward in an effort to pet it, but the cat turned, ready to dash. Alfred cleared his throat dramatically. "Hurry up."

"Why? It's early."

"Well I don't really want to get into it, but that creature's anus just winked at me."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jane Austen couldn't have put it better

Anonymous said...

Jane austen was a HACK compared to this! hahah