Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Game Continues

The just-bestowed grand world champion of my favorite new game: who has the world’s most hilarious pickup line?:

Our newest winner comes to us from the Mercury Lounge at about midnight.

Righteous dude (prep shoved into a hipster jacket) unzipped about three deep: “Hey!”

Me: (nothing)

Righteous dude, coming over: “Hi.”

Me: “Hi.”

Righteous dude: “How’s it going?”

Me: “O.K.”

Righteous dude: “You’re a fox. (pause). Wanna take a trip to Poundtown?”

...
Probably the funniest thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. If I was a guy, I would so say that to everyone I saw. All the time.

Best. Fourth. Ever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the variation is:

I just bought you a one-way ticket to Pound Town. Right?

Enjoy the ride?

ReadItDaddy said...

Beaut!!!

Peej
x

Anonymous said...

The best part of all this may have been that I heard every time he saw you after, he shouted out "Pound Town" and pumped his fist and picked you up. Like physically. Even though his girlfriend was there.

Why is it that guys are always picking you up and trying to put you on their shoulders? Is it also why babies stare at you cause they always think you are just a big baby too?

Anonymous said...

Me: Hi. Do you happen to know how much a polar bear weighs?

Her: Uh, no...

Me: Enough to break the ice. Howya doing I'm ---

Anonymous said...

Poundtown? Is that near Greenwich?

Anonymous said...

So this is a town, presumably, where he would...er...pound?

Wow. This is amazing.