Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Positively Negative

Positive is supposed to mean a good thing.

In this case, it doesn’t.

One lymph node is positive (abnormal pathology, positive for cancer cells). There’s a question about the second one, a blip on the report that contradicts. My dad’s life hangs in that blip. My mom and brother and me, our lives too. They have to retest.

They sent him home without an answer.

If the other node is also positive, that’s the negative, bad outcome. That means a very tough course of radiation with a lower chance of getting through this intact. We won’t know until later this week.

So if ever you wanted to think thoughts that negate what could be positive, please think them now. We need your good negative thoughts and good negative prayers.

Send them this way, and hope that the power of positive thinking can not produce a positive result, but instead a positive outcome for him...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my positive thoughts for a positively negative result and a positive outcome are completely your dads for however long he needs them.

ps said...

thoughts are with you, doll.

Katie said...

sending, sending, sending.

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers, K. I hope he is okay.

Kate

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Shit.

-tyler

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and knowing how hard it is.